Can no longer test branches on private repo

Hi, I was trying to test big changes in a branch (private repo) and found I could no longer do so. Is that something new? I used to be able to make a branch on a private repo and test it.

Hey @shawngiese,

You should still be able to deploy from different branches of your repo. The only restriction is that you’re limited to 1 private app. Are you no longer able to deploy different branches of the same repo?

Hi Caroline,
I had made a branch off of my private repo to test the next release but I was not able to load it up as a streamlit cloud app.

Can you share the error you’re seeing?

Hi @Caroline, maybe I am doing it wrong but when I go to add a new app on the Streamlit cloud and point it to a branch on my private repository, I receive the following error:

You can only have one private app per workspace on Community Cloud

I used to be able to do this to test before release but now I only receive this error.

Hmm that’s strange that it allowed you to do that before – unfortunately, Community Cloud is limited to 1 private app, and deployments from different branches of the same repository are considered distinct apps. Sorry for the inconvenience!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.