Error during processing dependencies

Hi streamlit team and community i have a project that I want to deploy and when I’m trying to do this the app returns me this log:

building 'libforbdf' extension
    error: extension 'libforbdf' has Fortran sources but no Fortran compiler found

########### EXT COMPILER OPTIMIZATION ###########

Platform      :
    Architecture: x64
    Compiler    : gcc
    CPU baseline  :
    Requested   : 'min'
    Enabled     : SSE SSE2 SSE3
    Flags       : -msse -msse2 -msse3
    Extra checks: none
    CPU dispatch  :
    Requested   : 'max -xop -fma4'
      Enabled     : SSSE3 SSE41 POPCNT SSE42 AVX F16C FMA3 AVX2 AVX512F AVX512CD AVX512_KNL AVX512_KNM AVX512_SKX AVX512_CLX AVX512_CNL AVX512_ICL

Generated   : none

CCompilerOpt._cache_write[796] : write cache to path -> /tmp/pip-install-7wfahs5v/pybdf_2619bbf179764474af472e710e0b3727/build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.7/ccompiler_opt_cache_ext.py

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /home/appuser/venv/bin/python -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-7wfahs5v/pybdf_2619bbf179764474af472e710e0b3727/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-7wfahs5v/pybdf_2619bbf179764474af472e710e0b3727/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record /tmp/pip-record-408a3a5v/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /home/appuser/venv/include/site/python3.7/pybdf Check the logs for full command output.

[manager] installer returned a non-zero exit code

[manager] Error during processing dependencies! Please fix the error and push an update, or try restarting the app.```

* NOTE:

* Im using only the share.streamlit.io platform to the deploy.
* The main dependencies of the project are OpenCV for record video, and pyvhr for processing the signal, a framework that itself depends of a lot of scipy and apparently FORTRAN things. 
* Im already do sudo apt install gfortran.
* The project runs clean  and without issues on local machine.

This is [proyect](https://share.streamlit.io/alejandro-sin/vital-detection/src/st_test.py) link of the deployement.

Can u bring any suggestions and thanks for reading.! :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you please share the link to the github repo?

1 Like

Thisis the repo

phew, the first thing I would do is clean up your requirements.txt file.
You definitely don’t need 180 packages, but rather 10, right? :wink:

1 Like

Where? On your local computer? It doesn’t work like that.

I suspect that binary dependencies are missing for one of your python libraries.
For pyVHR, I would definitely add to the packages.txt file:

cmake
gfortran
1 Like