How to link to a file path within a table or dataframe?

Hi!

I’m new to streamlit, so I apologize if this is a silly question, but how would I link to a file path within a table or dataframe? For my app, each row describes a file and I would like to create a column of links to where files are stored. I want users to be able to click on a file path from the column mentioned and open up the file in a new tab and/or download the file. The app that I am creating is held in a docker container on a remote server.

I’d appreciate any help. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @jkolodny, thanks for joining the Streamlit community!

This is a good question; have you tried to make the column in your dataframe the actual HTML for creating links? I don’t know, but it might display properly.

Thanks for the response, Randy! I have tried that, but it only works when running the app outside of a docker container. When running the app inside a docker container and providing what I believe is the correct file path, I get a file not found error.

Could this be an issue of port binding? Meaning, if you bind the Docker container port to the remote server environment, it feels like it would pass-through.

I believe I did that properly, but will double-check!