Increase width of items

I’m trying to build a scrolling dashboard of financial data. I’m having an issue with loading plots however, since when I install a figure, the margins are too large and there is a lot of white space on either side of the plot and accompanying text. How to I lower the size of the margin so that the items spread better across the page? Thanks

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I would like to be able to control margins and width of tables and plots better.

I guess I could insert some css via the st.markdown(css_string, unsafe_allow_html=True) to do this.

1 Like

Hey @dhruva98 :wave: and welcome to the community,

It sounds like you’d like a “wide mode” and you want to be able to set it through Python rather than the UI? If so, we have a feature request related to this that would make “wide mode” sticky. We’re currently discussing two different options for this within the above issue and we’d :heart: for you to comment/upvote your opinion!

Also somewhat related, we’re starting to think about different ways to do layout in Streamlit to support dashboards like these. If you’d like to take a look, here are feature requests for grid layout and horizontal layout.

Hope this helps and feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or if you’re looking for different functionality.