Multidimensional image visualization

Hi there,

I’m wondering if it would be a possibility to support a platform (like) napari in streamlit. This is a multidimensional image visualization tool that is used by many people in the world of image analysis.

I know that it is possible to visualize multidimensional plots using either matplotlib or plotly, but unfortunately it is not possible to include multidimensional images in these packages.

With a platform like napari, one can easily visualize 3D images and / or timelapse data. Together with the many streamlit features, this could prove to be a very powerful toolbox for exploring microscopy data and building interactive (multidimensional) image analysis apps.

Personally, I don’t have the knowledge to build a streamlit component that does what I described, but I would of course offer my help wherever I can. If there is someone out there that likes this idea and knows how to do this, please drop a comment and lets try to find out if we can work together on this!

1 Like

Hi @DirkRemmers, welcome to the Streamlit community!

I don’t believe it’s possible to incorporate napari, as my brief skim of their documentation suggests that they are using Qt for the project. Qt is a native operating-system-level toolkit; Streamlit in general needs either static files like images (such as incorporating matplotlib) or other JavaScript frameworks.

It may be the case that someone is sufficiently clever to make it work, but I would guess they’d have to be pretty amazing at Qt and understanding those internals.

Best,
Randy

1 Like

Hi Randy, thank you for the quick reply and the warm welcome!

I was affraid that this might be the case, but it was worth a try.
I’ll explore JavaScript to see if I can do something there.

Cheers,
Dirk

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.