Problem in the rendering of st.markdown - Figures

I have trouble in the rendering of st.markdown. The display may be unreadable for certain figures. How can I manage cleanly the rendering of figures?
Many thanks for your help.

My text is the following:

1) What is the hourly operating cost of an F-35 fighter jet?

The hourly operating cost of an F-35 fighter jet is currently about $36,000 per flight hour. Lockheed Martin, the manufacturer of the F-35, has been under pressure to reduce these costs as the U.S. Air Force, the jet’s leading customer, considers cheaper alternatives due to the high operating costs of the F-35. Lockheed Martin has set a goal to reduce the operating cost to $25,000 per hour by 2025. This goal is contingent upon the Joint Program Office, which manages the aircraft, agreeing to a performance-based logistics contract[^1].

The rendering fails for certain figures

1. What is the hourly operating cost of an F-35 fighter jet?

The hourly operating cost of an F-35 fighter jet is currently about

36,000perflighthour.LockheedMartin,themanufactureroftheF−35,hasbeenunderpressuretoreducethesecostsastheU.S.AirForce,thejet

sleadingcustomer,considerscheaperalternativesduetothehighoperatingcostsoftheF−35.LockheedMartinhassetagoaltoreducetheoperatingcostto25,000 per hour by 2025. This goal is contingent upon the Joint Program Office, which manages the aircraft, agreeing to a performance-based logistics contract1.

st.markdown supports LaTeX expressions, by wrapping them in “$”.