Toml docoder error

its Working …:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Simon,

I encountered this issue after I deploy at heroku.
why heroku is able to overwrite thyis?
Thanks

1 Like

I am having this issue after I edit the config.toml file as shown in the instructions on how to turn off magic printing. I only changed one line

magicEnabled = true
to
magicEnabled = false

but now I get the decode error. The error persists even after changing back to its original text. I can delete the file as suggested, but then I lose the ability to turn magic off. Maybe someone could suggest another way to prevent it from printing automatically.

Thank you so much eriktuck!!! You just saved my life. I messed up my system when trying to figure out how to present the local host to a online server with Heroku, and weirdly the codes failed to run with the same problem. I have been stayed up all night cuz I need to do a presentation with streamlit today. My mind just exploded for million times to fix the situation, and finally your way works!! Again thank you so much Savior!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Getting the following error. Any solutions?
toml.decoder.TomlDecodeError: Key name found without value

Thanks a lot, @eriktuck. Moving the file to another directory solved it for me.

have u found any solution to this problem

I will have to change what?

I’m on windows system and I still couldn’t find the file and solve the problem

so how windows user delay with this problem

Hey I thought my error is also similar to this, so I am including the link of my error:

The contents of my setup.sh file are:

mkdir -p ~/.streamlit/
echo "\
[server]\n\
port = $PORT\n\
enableCORS = false\n\
headless = true\n\
\n\
" > ~/.streamlit/config.toml

My app is running perfectly on local machine. But it is getting the error described in the above link when I try to deploy it on heroku.

If anybody could help me solving this.

just delete config.toml file
it will create again when you run your app.py

rm ~/.streamlit/config.toml
then run your app.py

hi
In windows, go to the C:/Windows/Users/%profile name%/.streamlit, delete the toml files and restart streamlit app. it works fine.

thanks it worked by removing the toml file

Hey @eriktuck, that was very helpful, what i found additionally is the setup file for heroku deployment has got this entry, which is creating these toml files -

mkdir -p ~/.streamlit/
echo "
[general]\n
email = “your-email@domain.com”\n
" > ~/.streamlit/credentials.toml
echo "
[server]\n
headless = true\n
enableCORS=false\n
port = $PORT\n
" > ~/.streamlit/config.toml

Thank you so much. Deleting the contents of the config.toml file finally resolved the issue.

2 Likes