App crash even no one uses it

my app: https://ntch-recommender.streamlit.app/
my repo: Github- streamlit/main.app

It seems like event thereā€™s no one using the app, it will crash. The log only give me

Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

The Analytics shows that between 2 crashes, thereā€™s only one viewer which supposedly was me checking if the reboot was success. I only made sure that the main page loaded, and didnā€™t run any model creating step.

Please provide some ideas why this happen. Thanks!

Hey @jamie613,

Looking at the memory usage for your app, I see two spikes that likely caused crashes, one on September 3rd and one on September 5th:

Apps on Community Cloud are limited to 1 GB, so exceeding that limit can cause your app to crash.

Check out our blog post on reducing your appā€™s memory usage here.

1 Like

Thank you. But the above graph is the analytics of today, Sep. 7. So the first crash happened on Sep. 6, the second happened less than 30 min before I post the post.

Iā€™m in Taiwan, and the time zone is GMT+8.

Hey @jamie613,

Looking at the logs, I see a few more recent errors resulting from dependency conflicts:

tensorflow-cpu 2.13.0 requires numpy<=1.24.3,>=1.22, but you have numpy 1.25.2 which is incompatible.

tensorflow-cpu 2.13.0 requires typing-extensions<4.6.0,>=3.6.6, but you have typing-extensions 4.7.1 which is incompatible.

google-auth 2.22.0 requires urllib3<2.0, but you have urllib3 2.0.4 which is incompatible.

Thatā€™s another thing I donā€™t understand.

Iā€™ve had the numpy version set to be <=1.24 in requirements.txt, but it seems like it didā€™t work.

As for typing-extensions and urllib, I have no idea how to resolve it. Are these causing the crash?

Add streamlit to your requirements file. If you donā€™t do that it will be installed automatically and its dependencies can be upgraded without regard to your requirements.

2 Likes

Thanks you! This did help resolve the version issues.

1 Like

It happened again.

The ā€œSoaring Ornithopterā€ was me using the app yesterday. And from the log, there was no other viewer since then. But the app still crashed this morning.

2023-09-10 14:38:43.397115: I tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:182] This TensorFlow binary is optimized to use available CPU instructions in performance-critical operations.
To enable the following instructions: AVX2 FMA, in other operations, rebuild TensorFlow with the appropriate compiler flags.
[14:40:35] ā—ļø Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
[14:40:35] ā—ļø Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

I did close my browser after using the app.

So, what happen??

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.