App deploys but nothing happens

I created this app based on this code

I get

[manager] Python dependencies were installed from /app/covid19ptdash/requirements.txt using pip.
[manager] Processed dependencies!
2021-04-26 17:12:35.068 An update to the [server] config option section was detected. To have these changes be reflected, please restart streamlit.

and a black screen, nothing else.
The app is running locally with no problems at all.
I’m sorry if this is a n00b question but my knowledge level is pretty close to zero, and I’m learning.

Because, this is not a streamlit app, therefore you don’t see anything happening…

3 Likes

To convert the code you are linking to a Streamlit app, at minimum you need to have Streamlit installed (in requirements.txt if you are using Streamlit sharing) and add a import streamlit as st to the top of the script.

As @Franky1 mentions though, that piece of code doesn’t have any Streamlit calls in it, so while adding the import statement to the top of your script will likely make something appear, it’s not going to look like a full app. You’ll need to add the Streamlit widget calls in as well.

Best,
Randy

1 Like

Hi @Franky1 and @randyzwitch thank you. I understand what I did wrong and was able to deploy the app Now trying to figure out why the encapsulated Plotly graph doesn’t deploy in fullscreen as it should and also figuring out how to embed on a self hosted Wordpress site. <iframe> doesn’t seem to work.
Again thank you for your time.