App working on local, but not on Streamlit Cloud - without explicit problems

Hey there, I tried making a semantic search app, using openai’s embeddings api. It works on my computer, but when i tried to deploy it on streamlit, it gives out “Oh no. Error running app.”, and this in the logs

[19:43:34] 🐍 Python dependencies were installed from /app/uu-semantic-search-coba/requirements.txt using pip.
Check if streamlit is installed
Streamlit is already installed
[19:43:35] 📦 Processed dependencies!
Collecting usage statistics. To deactivate, set browser.gatherUsageStats to False.
[19:45:45] ❗️ Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
[19:45:45] ❗️ Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

Here’s the github uu semantic search - fawwazanvilen - GitHub

Appreciate any help. Thanks!!

Did you try to reboot the app and see what happens?

same problem

I forked at 8bbd759 and got this when I tried to deploy:

[12:50:59] 🖥 Provisioning machine...
[12:51:04] 🎛 Preparing system...
[12:51:10] ⛓ Spinning up manager process...
[12:51:15] 🎈 Inflating balloons...
[12:51:22] 📖 Unpacking Comic Sans RAR files...
[12:51:29] 🚧 Loading "Under construction" GIF...
[12:51:36] 🛠 Compiling <blink> tags...
[12:51:42] 📠 Initializing Java applet...
[12:51:49] ⏳ Please wait...
[12:51:33] 🚀 Starting up repository: 'uu-semantic-search-coba', branch: 'main', main module: 'app.py'
[12:51:33] 🐙 Cloning repository...
[12:51:36] 🐙 failed
[12:51:48] 🐙 failed
[12:52:07] 🐙 failed
[12:52:19] 🐙 failed
[12:52:31] 🐙 failed
[12:52:41] 🐙 Failed to download the sources for repository: 'uu-semantic-search-coba', branch: 'main', main module: 'app.py'
[12:52:41] 🐙 Make sure the repository and the branch exist and you have write access to it, and then reboot the app.
[12:54:13] ❗️ Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
[12:54:13] ❗️ Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

Then I deleted .gitattributes and redeployed with success.

This is maybe only a temporary fix, since some of the *.pickle files in the repo are under Git-LFS control, and therefore those files will be unusable if you delete the .gitattributes file from the repo.

Addition:
It could be that the monthly data limit to use Git-LFS for this repository has been exceeded and therefore the deployment/clone with any files under control of Git-LFS will fail.
But basically Git-LFS works on Streamlit Cloud though, I have tested that several times.

I don’t claim it is any kind of fix, and I should have said it explicitly. It was just a pointer to what seems to be the root of the problem, in the hopes that the OP will know what to make of it.

I am facing this problem exactly, do you know how to fix this?

Hi @Salma_Hisham, welcome to the forum! Could you please read this post Using Streamlit: how to post a question in the Streamlit forum and then add more details to your post so that people on the forum can better help try and resolve your issue?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.