AttributeError: module 'matplotlib.cbook' has no attribute 'mplDeprecation'

Good day,
I was trying to use " streamlit_pandas_profiling" however, the same error message appears whatever the environment or matplotlib version.

(( AttributeError: module ā€˜matplotlib.cbookā€™ has no attribute ā€˜mplDeprecationā€™))

Need help from anybody who faced the same problem.

thank you.

Code snippet:

add code here

If applicable, please provide the steps we should take to reproduce the error or specified behavior.

Expected behavior:

Explain what you expect to happen when you run the code above.

Actual behavior:

Explain the undesired behavior or error you see when you run the code above.
If youā€™re seeing an error message, share the full contents of the error message here.

Debug info

• Streamlit version: (get it with $ streamlit version)
  • Python version: (get it with $ python --version)
  • Using Conda? PipEnv? PyEnv? Pex?
  • OS version:
  • Browser version:

Requirements file

Using Conda? PipEnv? PyEnv? Pex? Share the contents of your requirements file here.
Not sure what a requirements file is? Check out this doc and add a requirements file to your app.

Links

• Link to your GitHub repo:
  • Link to your deployed app:

Additional information

If needed, add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @Ali_Sultan, and welcome to our community! :raised_hands:

Itā€™s been a while since the streamlit_pandas_profiling library has been updated, so my assumption is that you may need to downgrade your matplotlib version to one compatible with the streamlit_pandas_profiling module.

You can try version 3.2.2 or another suitable version as follows:

pip install matplotlib==3.2.2

I hope this resolves the issue for you.

Let me know.

Best,
Charly

Yes I noticed that profiling library wasnā€™t updated in the last 2 years, let me try your solution hopefully can resolve that issue and thanks a lot for your response.

I also encountered the same error and I was able to resolve it by installing version 3.5.1. Thanks @Charly_Wargnier for the tip!

pip install matplotlib==3.5.1

Thanks all for your responses
It worked on matplotlib==3.7

:+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

Special thanks to @Charly_Wargnier

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Glad it helped @Ali_Sultan @ldaguidote! :hugs:

1 Like