I want to make an app with the following sequential workflow:
- user specifies dataset file F
- app uploads the dataset from F, displays some rows
- user selects column Y to predict, which columns CAT to treat as categorical
- app trains model to predict Y, treating CAT as categorical
- user selects which row R to analyze
- app displays analysis for row R
I want the app to wait for the user to supply the requisite inputs before proceeding to the next stage. It can all be in one page, with scrolling down (i.e. I don’t need a fancy multi-tab layout).
I tried doing this in a simple way with elements like
st.number_input() to get row number, and
st.button to indicate the user is done inputting and to continue the processing, but I think because the app just restarts from the top each time, I’m not getting what I want.
st.cache() is what I want, so that even though the app re-starts from the top, it doesn’t “feel” that way? Or if there is another trick to this, please let me know… I think this is a fairly simple and common scenario.