Chart features help

When I plot my data, which is a dictionary with multiple series (e.g. altitude, latitude) using st.line_chart(), it looks like this:

I would like the following features, but I’m new to Vega-lite/Altair so I’m hoping for some guidance:

1. I would like to limit the max number of data points shown, and have a scrollbar to scrub along the data. Bonus points if the the scrollbar is resizable. What I used previously that met these requirements was Recharts with the Brush feature: https://recharts.org/en-US/examples/BrushBarChart

2. I would like to select the series to show. The graph looks like a mess with all series showing, so being able to select only 1 or 2 of the series dynamically (e.g. altitude and latitude) would be best. Ideally they have individual axes, maybe on opposite sides of the graph.

I’m assuming I need to use the altair_chart or vegalite chart functions with parameters, but the vega-lite documentation has a lot of jargon so any help would be appreciated. (For starters, what do they call a series?)

hep

Update: I figured out how to select the series to show. Instead of using a list of dicts, I used a pandas dataframe and then used a st.multiselect to select series from the dataframe to pass to the line chart function. Any help on the scrubbing would still be appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.