Deployed app loading a blank page with Streamlit title

I am trying to deploy my app on nginx. I have setup the nginx config to redirect port 8501 to my url.
It seems that the webserver config is fine, but that the Streamlit app does not load:

  • Going to the url, the page is blank, but the page title is “Streamlit”.
  • If I don’t start Streamlit in my server, the url returns “502 Bad Gateway”.
  • If I start a python server with python -m http.server 8501, the url gives me a file browser.

So it seems like the nginx config is mostly right, and that it is a problem with the Streamlit config.
I tried running the app with different options (–server.enableCORS=false, --server.enableXsrfProtection=false, --server.enableWebsocketCompression=false), but it does not help.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Hi @Blueberry,

Thanks for posting!

Can you share your nginx and Streamlit config files?

Caroline :balloon:

I don’t have a streamlit config file.
My nginx config is

server {
        listen 443 ssl;
        ssl_certificate .../fullchain.pem; # managed by Certbot
        ssl_certificate_key .../privkey.pem; # managed by Certbot
        ssl_protocols       TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
        ssl_ciphers         HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5;

        root /storage/html/;
        index index.html index.htm;

        server_name localhost mydomain.com
        gzip_static on;

        location /vapp {
                proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8501/;
        }
        location ^~ /static {
                proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8501/static/;
        }
        location ^~ /healthz {
                proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8501/healthz;
        }
        location ^~ /vendor {
                proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8501/vendor;
        }
        location /vapp/stream {
                proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8501/stream;
                proxy_http_version 1.1;
                # proxy_redirect off;
                # proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
                # proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
                proxy_set_header Host $host;
                proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
                proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
                proxy_read_timeout 86400;
        }

        location ~ /\.git {
                deny all;
        }
        location / {
                # First attempt to serve request as file, then
                # as directory, then fall back to index.html
                try_files $uri $uri/ /index.html;
        }
        location ~ ^/index.php/(.*)$ {
                return 301 /$1;
        }
        error_page 404 /404.html;
}

The issue disappeared, not sure why.
It might have been due to some browser caching.