Deploying error when deploy to streamlit cloud

Sir, I have got an error when I deploy my file on Streamlit Cloud. I don’t get the error when I run it locally on my machine below is an error that I got:

Preparing metadata (setup.py): started
  Preparing metadata (setup.py): finished with status 'error'
  error: subprocess-exited-with-error
  × python setup.py egg_info did not run successfully.
  │ exit code: 1
  ╰─> [16 lines of output]
      /bin/sh: 1: mysql_config: not found
      /bin/sh: 1: mariadb_config: not found
      /bin/sh: 1: mysql_config: not found
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
        File "<pip-setuptools-caller>", line 34, in <module>
        File "/tmp/pip-install-e1jhxt11/mysqlclient_2d6be08c2d434e32a33266d55ece30b7/setup.py", line 15, in <module>
          metadata, options = get_config()
        File "/tmp/pip-install-e1jhxt11/mysqlclient_2d6be08c2d434e32a33266d55ece30b7/setup_posix.py", line 70, in get_config
          libs = mysql_config("libs")
        File "/tmp/pip-install-e1jhxt11/mysqlclient_2d6be08c2d434e32a33266d55ece30b7/setup_posix.py", line 31, in mysql_config
          raise OSError("{} not found".format(_mysql_config_path))
      OSError: mysql_config not found
      mysql_config --version
      mariadb_config --version
      mysql_config --libs
      [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: metadata-generation-failed

× Encountered error while generating package metadata.
╰─> See above for output.

note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip.
hint: See above for details.
WARNING: You are using pip version 22.0.3; however, version 23.2.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the '/home/adminuser/venv/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.
Checking if Streamlit is installed

I hope You will help
thank you

It looks like you are trying to use mysql and mariadb, in the local system you can access the sql db if it is started but in streamlit you don’t have that setup. You may need to use a cloud DB and store it’s secrets in streamlit’s secret interface.
Also, can you share the code/repo so I could help relevant to it.

Install MySQL development libraries on Streamlit Cloud environment to resolve the mysqlclient error. Upgrade pip if needed. Redeploy your app.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.