Deploying Streamlit and getting Error with non zero exit code

Successfully installed numpy-1.20.2 pandas-1.2.4 plotly-4.14.3 python-dateutil-2.8.1 pytz-2021.1 retrying-1.3.3 scipy-1.6.3 six-1.16.0
[manager] Python dependencies were installed from /app/opensource/requirements.txt using pip.
[manager] installer returned a non-zero exit code
[manager] Error during processing dependencies! Please fix the error and push an update, or

Hi @sagar1412, welcome to the Streamlit community!! :tada: :partying_face:

You’re running into the error because you’re trying to install Python packages using packages.txt. Any Python packages to be installed from PyPi should instead be in requirements.txt. To get it working:

1. Delete your packages.txt

2. Replace the contents of your requirements.txt with the following:

plotly
    scipy
    pandas
    Flask
    flask-cors
    pyforest

3. Deploy your app on Streamlit Sharing! :balloon:

Once you’ve followed all the :point_up: steps, your deployed app should look like this:

Let us know if this helps.

Happy Streamlit-ing! :balloon:
Snehan

Hi @snehankekre, Thank you for helping me debugging the issue.

1 Like

but I have requirements.txt only. Still getting the same error.

how can I fix it?

@pawan_gupta
freeglut3-dev is a binary package, not a pypi package.
If you want to install a binary package, you have to put in into the packages.txt file.
If you need help, please provide a link to your github repo.

I have the same problem my app won’t deploy it says installer returned a non-zero exit code.
below is my github repo

Your requirements file should not have matplotlib.pyplot. Change that line to just matplotlib instead.

Thanks, it worked.

Hi @snehankekre, @Franky1,
Please take a look at my error! I’m getting “installer returned a non-zero exit code”

GitHub Link:- GitHub - ShyamaleeT/glaucocare
Streamlit Link:- https://shyamaleet-glaucocare-glaucocare-q5oxv2.streamlit.app/

I think you will have better luck if you create a new topic. When you do, reboot (or delete and redeploy) your app, then copy and paste the entire log into a codeblock for us to read. It will save us time either forking and trying to deploy your app, or trying to catch a small detail in the environment setup files on-sight.

I’ll close this thread since it gets a little messy on piggy-backed threads resolving everyone’s different environment. :slight_smile: