Deployment issue with pandas? ERROR: Could not build wheels for pandas. Never encountered before

EDT: This has been fixed by updating all dependencies to the most recent version. This can now be deleted by an admin to declutter.

I have deployed many streamlit apps successfully with no issue, but the one I am trying to deploy right now is giving me issues.

I have the following requirements file:

streamlit==1.11.1
matplotlib==3.5.1
seaborn==0.11.1
numpy==1.20.3
beautifulsoup4==4.8.0
pandas==1.1.1
Pillow==6.2.0
pathlib2==2.3.5

and after a long wait while trying to deploy, I am ultimately met with the following error(s)

ERROR: Failed building wheel for pandas

Building wheel for Pillow (setup.py): started

Building wheel for Pillow (setup.py): finished with status 'error'

error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× python setup.py bdist_wheel did not run successfully.

ERROR: Failed building wheel for Pillow

Running setup.py clean for Pillow

Building wheel for validators (setup.py): started

Building wheel for validators (setup.py): finished with status 'done'

Stored in directory: /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-6d01cjli/wheels/2d/f0/a8/1094fca7a7e5d0d12ff56e0c64675d72aa5cc81a5fc200e849

Successfully built validators

Failed to build pandas Pillow

ERROR: Could not build wheels for pandas, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects

WARNING: You are using pip version 22.0.3; however, version 22.2.2 is available.

You should consider upgrading via the '/home/appuser/venv/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

Checking if Streamlit is installed

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

[17:31:49] ❗️ installer returned a non-zero exit code

[17:31:49] ❗️ Error during processing dependencies! Please fix the error and push an update, or try restarting the app.

[17:33:29] ❗️ Streamlit server consistently failed status checks

[17:33:29] ❗️ Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

No idea what is going on. If it helps, these are the imports I use across my scripts in my repo

import streamlit as st
import streamlit.components.v1 as components
import pandas as pd
from PIL import Image
from pathlib import Path
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import matplotlib.patheffects as path_effects
import seaborn as sns
import numpy as np
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.