Error during processing dependencies using environment.yml file

Hello everyone,

I am trying to deploy my first app. (repo link)

When doing so, I get the message " Error installing requirements". There are no helpful debugging details (that I can see) in the logs, so I don’t really know what to fix…

[     UTC     ] Logs for james-leslie-fantasy-premier-league-srcapp-iyd11a.streamlitapp.com/
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
[04:16:19] 🖥 Provisioning machine...
[04:12:44] 🚀 Starting up repository: 'fantasy-premier-league', branch: 'master', main module: 'src/app.py'
[04:12:44] 🐙 Cloning repository...
[04:12:47] 🐙 Cloning into '/app/fantasy-premier-league'...

[04:12:47] 🐙 Cloned repository!
[04:12:47] 🐙 Pulling code changes from Github...
[04:12:48] 📦 Processing dependencies...
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): ...working... [2022-08-03 04:14:13.661812] done
[04:16:20] 🎛 Preparing system...
[04:16:20] ⛓ Spinning up manager process...
Solving environment: ...working... [2022-08-03 04:17:53.157153] bash: line 3:    14 Killed                  /home/appuser/.conda/bin/conda env update -n base --file environment.yml
[04:17:54] ❗️ installer returned a non-zero exit code
[04:17:54] ❗️ Error during processing dependencies Please fix the error and push an update, or try restarting the app.!```

Hi @James-Leslie , thanks for submitting your issue! Does this happen locally? I definitely agree that these logs are not particularly helpful which sucks! If this doesn’t happen locally, i can definitely bring this up to one of our streamlit cloud engineers to look at.

I don’t have any issues building the environment locally using conda env create -f environment.yml (on Windows)

I have now created a very basic requirements.txt file which I have put in the same directory as the streamlit script and it appears to be working.

1 Like

I’m glad you found a solution! Thanks for the update. Happy coding!

Well, it’s more of a work around than a solution. Would still like to know how to debug the issues I run into when using the environment.yml file