Error with requirements.txt/processing dependencie

Hello.

I am currently having issues deploying my app onto Streamlit. I created my GitHub repo, but it’s having trouble with installing the dependencies. It gives me this error:

Preparing metadata (setup.py): started

Preparing metadata (setup.py): finished with status 'error'

error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× python setup.py egg_info did not run successfully.

│ exit code: 1

╰─> [1 lines of output]

error in feedparser setup command: use_2to3 is invalid.

[end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.

error: metadata-generation-failed

× Encountered error while generating package metadata.

╰─> See above for output.

note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip.

hint: See above for details.

WARNING: You are using pip version 22.0.3; however, version 22.3.1 is available.

You should consider upgrading via the '/home/appuser/venv/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

Checking if Streamlit is installed

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

[21:48:37] ❗️ installer returned a non-zero exit code

Please help me figure out what is wrong!

pygooglenews, which has been unmaintained for two years, depends on an ancient version of feedparser that cannot be built with setuptools>=58. One suggested fix is installing setuptools<58 which may or may not work for you since other python packages may need a more recent setuptools.

There is a PR to update the dependencies (not merged), some comments suggest forcing the versions of dependencies but I am not sure you can do that in the requirements.txt

Or you can try installing pygooglenews from this repo instead of pypi (I would start with this, I think):

If none of these work, I am afraid you will need to find another way of using the Google News API.

2 Likes

Yup, you were right. I found a work-around and instead used the GoogleNews API package and it worked fine. Thank you so much for helping me!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.