Failed to process dependency

My app based on my public repo " gp86041/ ioos-qc-front-end" failed to load, any help is appreciated, here is the log:

[32m[manager] e[0mStarting up repository: ‘ioos-qc-front-end’, branch: ‘main’, main module: ‘streamlit_file_upload.py’
e[32m[manager] e[0mCloning repository…
e[32m[manager] e[0mCloning into ‘/app/ioos-qc-front-end’…

e[32m[manager] e[0mCloned repository!
e[32m[manager] e[0mPulling code changes from Github…
e[32m[manager] e[0mProcessing dependencies…
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): …working… [2022-04-27 20:33:19.977069] done
Solving environment: …working… [2022-04-27 20:37:57.111525] bash: line 3: 16 Killed /home/appuser/.conda/bin/conda env update -n base --file environment.yml
e[32m[manager] e[0minstaller returned a non-zero exit code
e[32m[manager] e[0mError during processing dependencies! Please fix the error and push an update, or try restarting the app.
e[32m[manager] e[0mStreamlit server consistently failed status checks
e[32m[manager] e[0mPlease fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

Update: now I got past the dependency, but stuck at “Spinning up manager process”.

Okay, now I am able to get past the dependency and stuck at “Spinning up manager process”.

I’m experiencing the same problem. Has anything changed recently with the deployment process for Streamlit Cloud?

My app was deployed and working fine until a few days ago, but after making some minor changes I now see the error below.

[manager] Pulling code changes from Github...
[manager] Processing dependencies...
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): ...working... [2022-04-29 09:15:00.118232] done
Solving environment: ...working... [2022-04-29 09:19:08.796023] bash: line 3:    14 Killed                  /home/appuser/.conda/bin/conda env update -n base --file environment.yml
[manager] installer returned a non-zero exit code
[manager] Error during processing dependencies! Please fix the error and push an update, or try restarting the app.
[manager] Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
[manager] Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

My environment is configured using conda and all the dependencies install successfully if I create the environment locally using

conda env create -f environment.yml

My app and repo are both currently private, but if it helps the app URL is:

https://share.streamlit.io/nivanorge/aquamonitor_qc_streamlit/main/app/app.py

I fixed it myself. I had to slim down the dependencies using pipreqs and creat a new environment.txt, then remove yml file. It seems like there is a upper limit to size of dependencies.

Interesting thanks. The size of my dependencies hasn’t changed compared to the previous working version, and I don’t think they’re especially large, but I’ll see what I can do to slim things down.

I’ve fixed the issue with my app by installing using pip rather than conda, as suggested (i.e. I switched from using an environment.yml file to a requirements.txt file). It’s a bit more fiddly this way, as I was previously installing some non-python dependencies via conda, which was useful.

Conda previously worked fine and the dependencies haven’t changed, so I’m not sure exactly what the issue is. I’m happy it’s working again now though :slight_smile: