Folder picker

Hi. I have an app that creates a series of maps. I would like the user to be able to select a destination folder to download these to. Iโ€™ve googled / searched on here and can see this was a requested feature a few years back, but not located whether this is now possible. can anyone clarify for me whether it is possible to have a button that the user uses to select the folder destination? Thanks. My intention is to have the user select this destination, and then have the code run a loop, to save all outputs produced by the model, into that destination folder (Iโ€™m trying to avoid having n-number of download buttons :slight_smile: ). Not sure if the download button is the solution here somehow or not though - all help very much appreciated (!).

1 Like

I donโ€™t think thatโ€™s possible unless streamlit was running on the userโ€™s machine. My approach would be to generate a zip file (zipfile โ€” Work with ZIP archives โ€” Python 3.11.4 documentation) to store all the output maps, and then give the user the option to download the zip file.

in going to leave my mark here, since I also have the same problem.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.