Form_submit_button

Hi everybody,

How do I make the “Submit” button become selectable only after copying all the texts?

this is my code

thanks

import streamlit as st
import pymongo

# Initialize connection.
client = pymongo.MongoClient(**st.secrets["mongo"])

db = client.streamlit
collection = db.test

# Using the "with" syntax
with st.form(key='my_form'):    
    first_name = st.text_input(label='Enter first name', key="first_name")
    last_name = st.text_input(label="Enter last name", key="last_name")
    submit_button = st.form_submit_button(label='Submit')

#st.write('Press submit to have your name printed below')

# if submit_button:
#     st.write(f'First name: {first_name}')
#     st.write(f'Last name: {last_name}')

document = {
    "name": f'{first_name}',
    "last_name": f'{last_name}'
}

collection.insert_one(document)

Hi @Piero_Chiacchiaretta , I don’t think you can do this with forms. You can try this:

1. Delete the line: with st.form(key=‘my_form’):
  2. After getting the value of first_name &
    last_name, do any validation of these inputs as required (eg. Checking if they both contain valid data, etc.)
  3. Change the line: submit_button = st.form_submit_button to submit_button = st.button and add the disabled parameter depending upon the result of step 2 above. You can refer this in the at.button documentation
  4. This way, only if valid data is entered, the button will be selectable. You can then proceed further as required

Cheers

1 Like

thank you for the suggestion @Shawn_Pereira work. You now also how is possible clean the form after push the button ?

You can set the clear_on_submit parameter for st.form() to True. All widgets inside the form will be reset to their default values after the user presses the Submit button:

with st.form(key='my_form', clear_on_submit=True):  

Happy Streamlit-ing! :balloon:
Snehan

Thanks, but with this method can’t make the “Submit” button become selectable only after insert all the texts in form.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.