Fullscreen mode for components.html() or components.iframe()

Hey, I want to have a view fullscreen option in the components.html() similar to the fullscreen option while displaying the dataframe in st.write().

I searched through the discussions and figured out that this has been fixed in https://github.com/streamlit/streamlit/pull/1713 .

However, I am not sure on how to use Element.requestFullscreen() web API with the components.html() to make the view fullscreen option available.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated!

1 Like

@Mahima-ai did you figure this out at all?

Sharing the answer from this thread here:

While we don’t prevent st.html components from calling Element.requestFullscreen() (which you can read more about here), we also don’t automatically add a fullscreen button overlay on the st.html component.

As a result, to have a fullscreen option display, you would need to do the following:

1. The code that you pass to st.html would need to make a call to the Element.requestFullscreen() API.
  2. If you want a button to appear to allow users to select the fullscreen option, you’d need to implement it with HTML + JS in the code passed to st.html.

Thanks Caroline. I have not had a chance yet to try and implementation but I will look into it. I imagine with pydeck specifically it would require injecting in relevant code to replace the output to HTML pydeck generates.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.