Help! Problems on pip requirements

How to upgrade pip on streamlit. And this program can run properly on my PC, is there sth wrong with requirement.txt?

error: Command "gcc -pthread -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fPIC -DNPY_INTERNAL_BUILD=1 -DHAVE_NPY_CONFIG_H=1 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -Ibuild/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/src/umath -Ibuild/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/src/npymath -Ibuild/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/src/common -Inumpy/core/include -Ibuild/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/include/numpy -Inumpy/core/src/common -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core -Inumpy/core/src/npymath -Inumpy/core/src/multiarray -Inumpy/core/src/umath -Inumpy/core/src/npysort -I/home/appuser/venv/include -I/usr/local/include/python3.10 -Ibuild/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/src/common -Ibuild/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/src/npymath -Ibuild/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/src/common -Ibuild/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/src/npymath -c build/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/src/multiarray/scalartypes.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/build/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/src/multiarray/scalartypes.o -MMD -MF build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/build/src.linux-x86_64-3.1/numpy/core/src/multiarray/scalartypes.o.d" failed with exit status 1
            [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
      error: legacy-install-failure

Γ— Encountered error while trying to install package.
      ╰─> numpy

note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip.
      hint: See above for output from the failure.
      WARNING: You are using pip version 22.0.3; however, version 23.0.1 is available.
      You should consider upgrading via the '/home/appuser/venv/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.
      [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

Γ— pip subprocess to install build dependencies did not run successfully.
β”‚ exit code: 1
╰─> See above for output.

WARNING: You are using pip version 22.0.3; however, version 23.0.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the '/home/appuser/venv/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.
Checking if Streamlit is installed

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

[07:34:12] ❗️ installer returned a non-zero exit code
[07:34:12] ❗️ Error during processing dependencies! Please fix the error and push an update, or try restarting the app.

Details on my github page (GitHub - lew-sky/try)

Forget about this warning, this is not the problem. It just irritates new users…

Probably yes, unfortunately we don’t see the actual package which caused the pip install error from your logs, there must be more information. However your requirements.txt contains a lot of packages you don’t need, one of them is probably the reason for the pip install error.
Clean up the file and try again.

1 Like

There is some issue with app dependencies. can you share what error message it shows on the streamlit app interface?

Thanks a lot! I rewrite the requirements.txt, then the problem is different! And I follow the imformation, downgrade the opencv. Now the app is running perfectly!

Thank u, the issue is solved!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.