Horizontal Stacked Bar Chart

Summary

Hi, i am new at Streamlit and i need your help. I want a stacked bar chart from my DataFrame. My DataFrame looks like this

and the Chart like this

Steps to reproduce

Code snippet:

ser1 = pd.melt(df_selection_day, id_vars=['Datum'], value_vars=['HasFrontAndRearDetect','HasOnlyFrontDetect','HasOnlyRearDetect'], value_name='detect')

bar_chart = alt.Chart(ser1).mark_bar().encode(y="Datum", x='detect')

st.altair_chart(bar_chart, use_container_width=True)

The first problem i had that i was not able to add more than one column to the x Axis. So i used pd.melt to make my DataFrame from wide to long. That works but unfortunatly when i hover over the bar only the value_name=โ€˜detectโ€™ will show

i would like to have it in this way

in this screenshot i only used 1 Value

bar_chart = alt.Chart(ser1).mark_bar().encode(y="Datum", x='HasFrontAndRearDetect')

and i am also not able to set a color for these 3 Values i need.

Can some of you show me how to get a stacked bar chart with different colors and when i hover over the chart to see the name of the Value?

Thanks a lot

Michael

Hi @Michael_Faske, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like this is more of an Altair question than a Streamlit question, so you might have better luck posting somewhere more generally than this forum.

Have you tried adding โ€œcolorโ€ and โ€œtooltipโ€ arguments to the chart, like in this example? Simple Scatter Plot with Tooltips โ€” Altair 4.2.0 documentation

If that doesnโ€™t work, and it appears to be a streamlit issue, could you please post a complete minimal reproducible script that shows the issue?

Hey @blackary ,

thanks for your answer. Meanwhile i found a solution for my problem.

I used the piviot function to reorder my Dataframe

df_selection_long_day = df_calc_byDay.set_index('Datum')
df_selection_long_day = df_calc_byDay.pivot(index="Datum", columns='Direction', values=['HasFrontAndRearDetect','HasOnlyFrontDetect','HasOnlyRearDetect']).reset_index()

and created the Chart

bar_chart_day =alt.Chart(df_selection_long_day).transform_fold(['HasFrontAndRearDetect','HasOnlyFrontDetect','HasOnlyRearDetect']).mark_bar(clip=True).encode(

x=alt.X('value:Q',stack='zero' , scale=alt.Scale(domain=(80,100))),
    y=alt.Y('Datum'),
    color='key:N'
)

Works great :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.