've been working on a Streamlit app that dynamically updates an image every 10 minutes, and the image is stored locally on my desktop. However, when attempting to host this app on Streamlit Cloud, I encountered an issue where it throws an error indicating that the image path is not found.
Here’s a brief overview of the scenario:
- Local Setup:
- The image file is stored on my local desktop.
- The path to the image file is static and remains the same.
- The image updates every 10 minutes with a new version.
- Hosting on Streamlit Cloud:
- When deploying the Streamlit app to Streamlit Cloud, the app is unable to access the local image path.
- Streamlit Cloud operates in a separate environment, and local paths from the development machine are not accessible.
Points for Discussion:
- Path Accessibility:
- How can we handle dynamically changing images stored locally when deploying on Streamlit Cloud?
- What are the limitations and considerations regarding local paths in cloud-based environments?