Hosting Streamlit with AWS EC2

I was wondering how to host Streamlit app in the cloud so that I could share it among my friends. I choose AWS EC2 to do this and well I was able to get in online. If anyone is interested how I did it I wrote post here:

This was my first time using AWS EC2 so it might not be the fastest way but its working for me.

Any feedback is appreciated.

4 Likes

Awesome! We’ve been meaning to write something about this the Streamlit docs, but we’re a bit busy with this whole launch thing at the moment :wink:

Thanks for writing this!

Linking similar topic here - Ec2 streamlit stuck on loading screen while running streamlit hello , as there are a few of us who can’t seem to get streamlit on EC2 to work.

I’ve tried the above mentioned tutorial with no success (“Please wait…” loading problem).

Hi again @svilupp! :slight_smile: Ddi you try setting

[server]
enableCORS=false

in your ~/.streamlit/config.toml as described here?

Update: Oh yes. I see that you did. Sorry for missing that! I suggest submitting a bug report, which will give the eng team a lot of useful information about your exact setup.

As per the thread linked in your post, it gradually started working without any changes on my side - makes me wonder whether it was an AWS glitch… I’ll post an update tmrw morning in the related post.

Update: It doesn’t work again (despite no changes on my side).

Hi @svilupp, were you able to get this to work? I am running into a similar situation. But in my case, I only get the “Please wait …” loading problem when I am pointing to the domain name, but if I connect via IP address it works fine. I have the config.toml file but that did not help.

Actually, the config.toml setting appears to be working now - several minutes after creating that file and restarting the app.