How to print some column values of a dataframe as a text, and add colors?

Hello awesome Streamlit community,
I hope you can help me solve this problem.

My web app idea is to extract entities and types from a given text, similar to the one from SpaCy:

but I’m using my own tool, and my output now looks like a regular df, something like this:

I am trying to display my dataframe in a way similar to SpaCy rather than just using st.write(df).
I want to display the df as a string, and only show the types that are recognized by my tool like β€œ[β€˜thing’]”, and ignore displaying the ones that are not recognized β€œ[-]”, and also remove the indexes and column names, so I did this:

st.write(df)
    df2 = df[df['Types'] != '[-]']
    st.write(df2.to_string(columns=['Text','Types'], header=False, index=False))

now it is almost showing what I want but, when avoiding printing the β€œ[-]” types, it also avoids printing its corresponding Text of course because it is avoiding the whole row.

Does anyone know how to fix this to display it the way I explained?
Also, another question: is it possible to highlight the text with its entity type, in a color just like SpaCy?

Thanks in advance! appreciate the help.

You may need Pandas Styler mentioned in the API reference API reference β€” Streamlit 0.78.0 documentation

And the Annotated Text Component might be what you need GitHub - tvst/st-annotated-text: A simple component to display annotated text in Streamlit apps.

2 Likes

thank you, but i still don’t get how to use it