How to upload and read the local faiss database into streamlit application

Hi everyone im new to streamlit and tried making databased related query application by using Faiss database.
i have one local faiss database which consist one .faiss file and one .pkl file, here i want to upload this file into my streamlit app (i tried “FAISS.load_local(“faiss_index”, embeddings)” but lots of error) and start asking querys.
based on all the errors i can vaguly understand that faiss.local_load requires folder path instead of the file itself but still i don’t know how to achieve it here.
if anyone knows solution please help me out!
thanks in advance!!!

Hi @Jack_pot,

Thanks for sharing this question!

If you’re deploying your app on Streamlit Community Cloud and trying to access a file stored on your local computer, you’ll need to add that file to the GitHub repository for your app – once your app is deployed on Streamlit Community Cloud, it won’t have access to any of the files stored on your local computer.

Hey @Caroline, I just deployed a new app with the FAISS index in the same directory (pushed to github) and am still running into an issue where it says no file or directory found. any ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.