Information Button?

Does Streamlit have a component for an information button, usually accompanied with an β€œi” icon on websites (Information button - Free logo icons). The button should open up a new window to display an explanation / information about a component. I know Streamlit has expanders that can serve this purpose but they take up too much space and folding/unfolding is cumbersome.

Hi @ngallo1 ,

All Streamlit β€œinput” widgets have a help argument with the functionality you describe :slight_smile: . Check out the Streamlit API docs.

2 Likes

Hi @ngallo1 ,
as marduk mentioned (thanks marduk!),
the help keyword in the button should be of use but technically it doesn’t open up a window but it will open up some information in a small modal.

2 Likes

Thank you. Is this feature discussed in Streamlit docs/examples? I didn’t see it anywhere.

I’m not sure if this feature is discussed in the examples but it definitely shows up in the docs. st.button - Streamlit Docs

It shows up in the parameters. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them and we would love any feedback for Streamlit :slight_smile:

My only suggestion is to advertise the feature better.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll bring it up to our documentation people and our marketing people!

Happy streamlitting :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.