Integrating a web API

I would like to integrate a web api in another python project. Integrate in the sense when I run the code/script it should open the web api which is already created in a new window

1 Like

Hi @Adarsh_kp, and welcome to the Streamlit community! :balloon::raised_hands:

Can you please elaborate a bit on what you’d be after?

Thanks
Charly

@Charly_Wargnier I have a web API which performs some task for my project. It can be considered as a separate module of my project. What I am trying to do is I have to integrate this web api module with my main project code so that when I run the code everything runs at once and the web api should appear as a new window or dashboard. So I need some script which links the web API with the main code an runs parallelly. In short I need to call the api in another code file and when the code runs should appear as a separate web interface.

1 Like

Thanks for precision @Adarsh_kp

Running the API shouldn’t be an issue + the API’s outputs could be displayed in your Streamlit application. However I’m not still 100% clear with what you mean here:

web api should appear as a new window or dashboard

Could you please elaborate a bit more?

Thanks
Charly

@Charly_Wargnier Let my api be a web which counts the number of vehicles in a web cam input. So when I integrate with this another python program file, the output that I am expecting is like the api gets opened in a new window like we are opening a software(when we open a software it comes in a new window right!).