...[manager] Streamlit server consistently failed status checks

It’s actually linked to the presence of any packages.txt file, empty or not

Could it possibly fail because the packages.txt file contains line breaks in Windows format \r\n instead of Linux format \n ?

No it’s not that… Thanks for the suggestion though

I found the problem! (for this app of mine at least) – I configured port = 8508 in config.toml. I removed conofig.toml and all is well it seems.

For me, I can rule that out as a cause, since I have not configured a different port.

Having the same issue here (my app is also using a packages.txt file)
No port configuration on my side so the solution proposed by @mikeie doesn’t work

The last few days I had no more problems with the deployment.
Another idea to fix these unknown errors.
Add to the .streamlit/config.toml file:

[server]
headless = true
2 Likes

Yes, it works now !
Thanks
EDIT : So unstable ! It stopped working for no reason after a reboot

After many trial and error, this is the work-around I have found.

First of all, regardless of what I do to the repo, a reboot always leads to this error combo

[manager] could not verify installer exit code: open /app/install_status: no such file or directory
[manager] Error during processing dependencies! Please fix the error and push an update, or try restarting the app.
[manager] Streamlit server consistently failed status checks

This error can be resolved by making any change to .streamlit/config.toml. It doesn’t even have to contain anything (i.e. headless = true is not necessary). Just type a new line, commit it, and push it to the repo. Then I have this log

[manager] Error checking Streamlit healthz: Get “http://localhost:8501/healthz”: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:8501: connect: connection refused
2021-04-20 18:34:15.679 An update to the [server] config option section was detected. To have these changes be reflected, please restart streamlit.
[client] Connecting…

And the app is up and running.

I also tried making trivial changes to other part of the app, but none of them resolves the issue. Therefore, in my case, I have to make change to the config file to rescue the app.

P.S.

If headless = true is included in .streamlit/config.toml, the log shown after the initial failure becomes

[client] Provisioning machine…
2021-04-20 18:48:14.597 An update to the [server] config option section was detected. To have these changes be reflected, please restart streamlit.
[client] Preparing system…
[client] Spinning up manager process…
[client] Connecting…

This seems to me a more friendly log, so I would recommend put headless = true in the config file.

P.P.S.

Once the app is running, further changes to any files in the repo do not seem to cause any problem. But the config file trick is needed each time the app is rebooted.

3 Likes

Yes, that makes the trick !

HI everyone -

A handful of fixes will be released today (Apr 22) for Streamlit sharing yesterday that we hope resolves this issue. Please reboot your apps, and let me know on this thread if this resolves your issues.

Best,
Randy

could not verify installer exit code: open /app/install_status: no such file or directory
problem still on

I can confirm that.
I rebooted all my apps and those apps that have a packages.txt file crashes again now…

The release is now scheduled for 5pm Pacific time, so after that, hopefully this is fixed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

As of 07:20 PM Pacific time, the problem is still on with my app.

• Update 01: as of 11:23 AM Pacific time, the problem is still on with my app.

I rebooted my app but I still got the error [manager] could not verify installer exit code: open /app/install_status: no such file or directory

Hello Guys,
i have the same Problem. Im new to streamlit and tried my first app to share.
It runs locally but not as a app.
Here is the output from streamlit:

Running setup.py install for fbprophet: started
Running setup.py install for fbprophet: still running...
Running setup.py install for fbprophet: finished with status 'done'
DEPRECATION: fbprophet was installed using the legacy 'setup.py install' method, because a wheel could not be built for it. A possible replacement is to fix the wheel build issue reported above. You can find discussion regarding this at https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/8368.
Successfully installed Cython-0.29.23 LunarCalendar-0.0.9 PyPDF2-1.26.0 aenum-2.2.6 appdirs-1.4.4 attrs-20.3.0 beautifulsoup4-4.9.3 cachetools-4.2.1 certifi-2020.12.5 chardet-4.0.0 click-7.1.2 click-plugins-1.1.1 cligj-0.7.1 cmdstanpy-0.9.5 convertdate-2.3.2 cycler-0.10.0 dateparser-1.0.0 decorator-5.0.7 deprecation-2.1.0 docopt-0.6.2 dogpile.cache-1.1.2 ephem-3.7.7.1 fbprophet-0.7.1 fiona-1.8.19 geopandas-0.9.0 hijri-converter-2.1.1 holidays-0.11.1 idna-2.10 importlib-metadata-1.7.0 kiwisolver-1.3.1 korean-lunar-calendar-0.2.1 lxml-4.6.3 matplotlib-3.4.1 munch-2.5.0 numpy-1.20.2 packaging-20.9 pandas-1.2.4 pbr-5.5.1 pillow-8.2.0 pymeeus-0.5.11 pyparsing-2.4.7 pyproj-3.0.1 pystan-2.19.1.1 python-dateutil-2.8.1 pytz-2021.1 regex-2021.4.4 requests-2.25.1 scipy-1.6.2 setuptools-git-1.2 shapely-1.7.1 six-1.15.0 soupsieve-2.2.1 stevedore-3.3.0 tabulate-0.8.9 tqdm-4.60.0 tzlocal-2.1 urllib3-1.26.4 wetterdienst-0.15.0 zipp-3.4.1
WARNING: You are using pip version 21.0.1; however, version 21.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the '/home/appuser/venv/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.
[manager] Python dependencies were installed from /app/gesundheitsamt/requirements.txt using pip.
[manager] Processed dependencies!
2021-04-25 13:43:38.742 An update to the [server] config option section was detected. To have these changes be reflected, please restart streamlit.
2021-04-25 13:43:39.174 Importing plotly failed. Interactive plots will not work.
2021-04-25 13:43:39.572 Cache directory is /home/appuser/.cache/wetterdienst
[manager] Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
[manager] Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

How can i get more information about the error?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I believe I fixed this https://share.streamlit.io/ffreemt/st-bumblebee-aligner/dev/st_app.py . I believe the fix @randyzwitch was referring to didn’t propagate automatically. I am planning to run through all apps tomorrow after our scheduled release to distribute the fix.

Faced the same issue today. Thank you for the solution. This seems to work.

Had the same issue, I changed the port in config.toml to 8501 and now it works.