ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'snowflake.connector'; 'snowflake' is not a package

I am not able to successfully run the app on community cloud. It cannot access snowflake database using streamlit app.
Here is the url of the github repository: GitHub - nusratarasg/snowflake_streamlit
Error Message:
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘snowflake.connector’; ‘snowflake’ is not a package
Traceback:
File “C:\A_DataScience\venv\lib\site-packages\streamlit\runtime\scriptrunner\script_runner.py”, line 565, in _run_script
exec(code, module.dict)
File “C:\A_DataScience\app.py”, line 4, in
import snowflake.connector

I am completely stuck and find myself at the deadend.

I need urgent help.
Regards, Nusrat

Hi @riazahmedsg, welcome to the Streamlit community! :wave:

You’ve incorrectly named your dependency file file as requirments_39.reqs instead of requirements.txt. Renaming the file to requirements.txt should ensure that the Python dependencies listed within the file are installed on Community Cloud.

Additionally, it looks like you’ve committed your secrets.toml to GitHub! We strongly recommend that you don’t commit secrets to your repo and instead use Community Cloud’s secrets management feature.

I don’t think you want to install snowflake.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.