after the new security update my app stopped working and the errors come from the packegs.txt which includes

with the error:

📦 Apt dependencies were installed from /app/welsh-freetxt-app/packages.txt using apt-get.
Ign:1 stretch/updates InRelease
Hit:2 bullseye InRelease
Get:3 bullseye-security InRelease [48.4 kB]
Err:4 stretch/updates Release
  404  Not Found [IP: 80]
Get:5 bullseye-updates InRelease [44.1 kB]
Get:6 buster InRelease [6517 B]
Get:7 bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages [237 kB]
Reading package lists...[2023-04-23 17:05:54.587909] 
E: The repository ' stretch/updates Release' no longer has a Release file.
[17:05:54] ❗️ installer returned a non-zero exit code
[17:05:54] ❗️ Error during processing dependencies! Please fix the error and push an update, or try restarting the app.

After some users have already reported this error here in the forum today, I suspect either a temporary hiccup of the apt repositories or that the base containers of Streamlit Cloud have a configuration error, which would rather surprise me. Have you tried a reboot?


Same problem here Franky and yes i did reboot and problem is still there.
I have even tried some different approaches like to install driver via web_manager in code but same error.
Hope they ll fix it soon


hope it will be fixed soon :smiling_face_with_tear:


same here too

We’re looking into this and will report back.

1 Like

seems Stretch repositories has been archived because the LTS support for Stretch had ended.

I’m not sure about Debian but I think this is not temporary problem of Debian side.

1 Like

something new? any chance to get the fix soon?
(sorry for asking) :slight_smile:

The underlying issue should be resolved for new apps. If you are experiencing this with an already existing app, you may need to delete and recreate it for the issue to be resolved.

Sorry for the issue :confused:

1 Like

Thank you for your efforts.

@Free_txt @blackary @kun432 @sorujko @Michael_Boiman
hello, streamlit i’v also faced these issues yesterday and I 'v also got in trouble with my major app, I don’t know what was issue’s regarding the new streamlit updates, but still I tried some commands on packages.txt, and it has run successfully.
I have just changed the format of packages.txt


it has solved this same issue for me, I hope this will also be useful for you.

I deleted the app and again installed. It worked for me.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.