Pip install

Hello! I need use YOLO_tracking. In my computer i load yolov8_tracking from git.hub (git clone --recurse-submodules GitHub - mikel-brostrom/yolov8_tracking: Real-time multi-object tracking and segmentation using YOLOv8 with DeepOCSORT and OSNet). Then i use command "pip install -r ‘yolov8_tracking/requirements.txt’ " for install it. Is it passible to install it by pip in my project in streamlit ?

I don’t understand the question, you are already using pip… :thinking:
What is the specific problem? What do you want to achieve?

If to use my code in my computer i neen to do -

1.load from git.hub folder - GitHub - mikel-brostrom/yolov8_tracking: Real-time multi-object tracking and segmentation using YOLOv8 with DeepOCSORT and OSNet to my computer - C/…my_folder

1. run terminal command "pip install -r my_folder/requirements.txt " for install yolov8_tracking

3.for run code i run python file from terminal “python my_folder/track.py – some arguments…”

I want use my code in streamlit.
Is it possible in streamlit to do - pip install, run terminal command ?

What do you mean by “in streamlit”?

• running a streamlit application on streamlit cloud?
  • using yolo with your local streamlit application?

Please describe your goal or the specific problem.

running a streamlit application on streamlit cloud

This is how we slowly move forward…
It is theoretically possible to call another file in a requirements.txt file. The requirements.txt file in the root folder of the github project would then look like this if yolo exists as a submodule or subfolder in the project:

requirements.txt

-r yolov8_tracking/requirements.txt
# your other required packages e.g.
numpy
pandas
streamlit

However, I would not recommend this, because unnecessary packages are installed with. I would only add the actually needed packages to the requirements.txt file in the root folder.

Be aware that you cannot access your videocam/webcam directly if streamlit runs on any hosted environment. Everything has to go through the browser, therefore you would need a specific streamlit component, for example streamlit-webrtc

I don`t need webcam. Only video-files. Thank you. I understand all and will try it. Thank you. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.