[POLL] (If not English) What is your preferred written language for programming?

As the Streamlit open-source project and community has grown, so has the desire for more international options for documentation, tutorials and other Streamlit content. But like other feature requests, it’s hard for Streamlit (the company) to know exactly how many people are affected.

To help us begin to think about what meaningful support of the worldwide Streamlit community looks like, we’d love it if you would answer the following poll:

If you prefer reading and writing programming content in a language other than English, which language(s) do you prefer? You can pick up to two choices.

• Chinese
  • Spanish
  • Hindi
  • Arabic
  • Portuguese
  • Russian
  • French
  • Japanese
  • German
  • Other (Please specify as comment below)

0 voters

While as of yet I cannot promise what support we will be able to provide as a company (we don’t have native speakers in each of these languages!), your answers here will help us understand how to prioritize our future efforts. We’ll leave this poll open for the month of June 2021 to give as many people as possible a chance to answer.

Best,

Randy
Head of Developer Relations, Streamlit

1 Like

It has been brought to my attention that I didn’t include Korean, which is not intentional. So if you prefer Korean, let us know!

1 Like

Bengali

1 Like

English is fine for me even though it’s not my mother tongue … I believe it’s the same case for many users

No worries:) People can always add in Other in the comments~

It would be nice if default texts for some widgets allowed customization (without hacky solutions) .

this is more of a priority for me IMO. Even if developers are usually used to writing/reading the content/docs in English, the end users are less likely to be familiar.

A framework for multilingual support for apps would be :fire:
(Think of it like themes but for languages)

4 Likes