pytesseract.pytesseract.TesseractNotFoundError without using pytesseract in the code and after adding tesseract-ocr , tesseract-ocr-por to packages.txt

I have two apps that use the same code and the same ‘requirements.txt’ and ‘packages.txt’ files. One is working well, but the other has an error while I don’t use pytesseract in the code.

pytesseract.pytesseract.TesseractNotFoundError: tesseract is not installed or it’s not in your PATH. See README file for more information.

Then I tried to follow instruction to add tesseract-ocr tesseract-ocr-por to packages.txt , it took so long time (several hours to a day) for the app to deploy and after that it stopped

Besides that , I don’t use tesseract in my code , why this error exist ? And why the other application works well without adding tesseract-ocr to packages.txt file while I use the same code and requirements.txt file for 2 applications?

This is my code :

def load_data():
with st.spinner(text=“Loading information – hang tight! This should take 1-2 minutes.”):
loader = DirectoryLoader(“SOURCE_DOCUMENTS/”)
index = VectorstoreIndexCreator().from_loaders([loader])
return index

index = load_data()
if question := st.chat_input(“Your question”):
st.session_state.messages.append({“role”: “user”, “content”: question})

for message in st.session_state.messages:
with st.chat_message(message[“role”]):
st.write(message[“content”])

if st.session_state.messages[-1][“role”] != “assistant”:
with st.chat_message(“assistant”):
with st.spinner(“Thinking…”):
prompt = f"User Query: {question}\n\nContext: Give long and more detailed answer "
response = index.query(prompt, llm = ChatOpenAI(model=“gpt-4-1106-preview”))
engine_link = “https://api.openai.com/v1/chat/completions”
headers = {“Authorization”: f"Bearer {api_key}“}
prompt = f”… \n\nQuestion: {question}\nAnswer:"
payload = {
“messages”: [
{“role”: “system”, “content”: f"OpenAI/gpt-4-1106-preview"},
{“role”: “user”, “content”: prompt}
],
“model”: “gpt-4-1106-preview”,
}
response2 = requests.post(engine_link, headers=headers, json=payload)
if response2.status_code == 200:
response_data = response2.json()
response = response_data[“choices”][0][“message”][“content”]
st.write(response)
message = {“role”: “assistant”, “content”: response}
else:
st.error(f"Error: {response.status_code} - {response.reason}")
st.write(response)
message = {“role”: “assistant”, “content”: response}
st.session_state.messages.append(message)

This seems to be a duplicate post you made. The original one is here with responses.

1 Like

But thé problem is I followed your instruction but the error persist. I asked you again in old topic but you didn’t answer

Được gửi từ iPhone của tôi

I believe the one who answered you on the other thread was Charly, my colleague. Essentially, we try to keep conversations threads in one post especially for the same topic by the same author; no need to create 2 separate posts. We will try to find solutions to your issue.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.