Reading data from google sheets

Hi Guys,

First of all, I would like to appreciate the entire Streamlit team for creating such an amazing and simple to use framework for creating beautiful apps. It is simply amazing.

I work as an auditor in an ed-tech organization. Part of my work involves creating interactive reports of the audits conducted so far. For this purpose, I am using Google’s Data Studio to create an interactive report. A google sheet here works as the report’s data source, so whenever a new row is added in the google sheet, the report gets updated automatically.

Now, I am trying to take things to the next level by making an amazing app using Streamlit. I have some familiarity with Python already and would need some help to start creating this app. It would be great if you can point me in the right direction as to how we can connect google sheets to streamlit.

Thank you in advance!

Hi @aakash_chaudhry, welcome to the Streamlit community!

Here’s the official package for Google Sheets:

There is also a package that will read Google Sheets into a pandas dataframe. Once you have a pandas dataframe, Streamlit supports pandas pretty seamlessly:

Best,
Randy

1 Like

Hi @aakash_chaudhry,

I wrote a detailed tutorial that covers the usage of Google Sheets with Python and Pandas.

I think that it’s relevant to the use case that you want to implement.

Best,

Adil

2 Likes

Thankyou @randyzwitch and @adilmoujahid, I’ll start working on it.

This was really helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you guys, we will make streamlity great