Run on port 80

I have followed the configuration steps to run on port 80 as like below by creating a config.toml in global and within streamlit repo.

When i try to run app by giving server.port to 80 am getting PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied.

Am trying to run this on aws EC2. Can someone guide how i can run on port 80 btw am able to run on 8051 and 8080 by following the above steps but not for port 80.
TIA

Hi @Nom_ji, welcome to the Streamlit community!

Do you know if your instance already has something running on port 80? Easiest way to check would be to type the IP address into a browser and see if something gets returned.

If so, then Streamlit won’t be able to serve content on that port.

Best,
Randy

Hello @randyzwitch,

Thanks for replying. There is no instance running on port 80.

FYI, when i did see the IP address withou any port number it is throwing me Host not found error but when i do :8080 I do see the streamlit app.

Thank you,
Nomji.

The only other thing I can think of is that ports below 1024 are restricted in Linux to superuser access. Do you have that level of permission on your server?

Hello @randyzwitch,

I am looking for reading the theme selected within the code, may I know how we can read the theme selected or can you refer to page that provides information please.

TIA