Scrollbar for a high number of tabs

Hi,

is there any possibility to scroll through a high number of tabs (>30) with a scrollbar or anything similiar to it?
The only way I found out was using the arrow keys.

Thanks for your help!

Hey @Betze,

Thanks for sharing this question! Can you elaborate on what type of tab navigation you’re looking for? Are you basically looking for a horizontal scrollbar that moves the user through the tabs?

Hey @Caroline,

a horizontal scrollbar would be perfect.
Is there already a way to implement it?

In this picture you can see my problem:

The only way that I found out to navigate is by using the keyboard.

Thanks for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

There is an open feature request for this. Be sure to vote on it as an improvement. I agree that a better visual cue and option to scroll with a mouse wheel should definitely be added!

I am playing with the CSS to see if there is any simple work around. Will post here and in the issue if I find something worth noting.

NOTE!

1. If you have the option on your mouse to scroll horizontally, it works. In my case, if I click my mouse wheel, I get the scroll pointer and can move my mouse left and right to scroll.
  2. You can also hold SHIFT while scrolling on a mouse wheel to get the horizontal scroll on a long tab list.
2 Likes

Thanks for your answer!
It needs to be easy and intuitive for multiple users. So I think the horizontal mouse wheel is also not the prefered way for me.
I will vote on the feature request. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.