Sidebar not functioning properly in Firefox

I have web app with a series of button and checkboxes in a sidebar.
When I access the app on Firefox (via a localhost) the scrollbar that automatically appears on the sidebar is not present. This means that the content at the bottom of the sidebar (Run button) is only partially visible. Furthermore, when I upload a file and that file is displayed, it pushes everything below it further down and some checkboxes completely disappear. Interestingly, this issue does not occur on Microsoft Edge (Version 104.0.1293.47 (64-bit)) or Google Chrome (Version 104.0.5112.81 (64-bit)).

I would like to know why this problem is occurring on Firefox and whether anyone else is experiencing similar issues on Firefox. It should be noted that this issue only began after I installed the new Streamlit update (1.12.0), prior to which I was using 1.11.1

I am using Python 3.10.4, Virtualenv, PyCharm Community Edition 2022.1.4, Windows 11, Firefox 103.0.1 (64-bit).

Any form of help would be appreciated.
The code is shown here:

import streamlit as st 

# configure sidebar text and widgets
st.sidebar.title("My App")
upload_file = st.sidebar.file_uploader("Choose file", key=1)
cb1 = st.sidebar.checkbox('A', key=2)
cb2 = st.sidebar.checkbox('B', key=3)
cb3 = st.sidebar.checkbox('C', key=4)
cb4 = st.sidebar.checkbox('D', key=5)
cb5 = st.sidebar.checkbox('E', key=6)
cb6 = st.sidebar.checkbox('F', key=7)
cb7 = st.sidebar.checkbox('G', key=8)
cb8 = st.sidebar.checkbox('H', key=9)
cb9 = st.sidebar.checkbox('I', key=10)
run_btn = st.sidebar.button('Run', key=11)
st.sidebar.text("")
st.sidebar.text("")
1 Like

Hi @rik :wave:

I wasn’t initially able to reproduce the behavior as I was using a large external monitor. But when I switched to my smaller 13 inch screen, I’m able to see that no scrollbar shows up in the sidebar on Firefox with Streamlit v1.12.0.

Would you mind submitting a bug report to bring this issue to the attention of our devs?

@snehankekre thank you for the response.
I have submitted a bug report.
Here is a link: Sidebar not functioning properly in Firefox when using Streamlit v1.12.0 Β· Issue #5145 Β· streamlit/streamlit Β· GitHub

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.