Slow loading and rebooting app

Hi, my app was loading pretty fast until yesterday but it’s now very slow. I don’t receive any error but it’s just annoyingly slow. I updated anything on the app. So, the issue started suddenly. I rebooted the app a few times but this didn’t improve the performance. Also, rebooting takes ages which wasn’t the case before yesterday. I have other apps but I don’t have such issues with them. Can someone advise me where to check? Here is the app. Thanks

3 Likes

Hi,
I’m facing the same problem right now. After updating my code yesterday, my app started to run super slowly. I tested my app on the local host, and it worked perfectly, but after I deployed it, I was unable to run it due to the time spent waiting too long.

If you find any solutions, please update.
Thanks.

2 Likes

For me it takes 3 or 4 seconds to load, which is about what I would expect for a streamlit application.

1 Like

Thanks for the response but it’s still loading incredibly slowly on my end although I tried this with different devices. When I refresh the browser after committing updates on GitHub, it takes a minimum of 60 seconds to see the app. I suspect there might be something wrong with some libraries I use for the app or the recent version of Streamlit.

Same here, not only is rebooting taking a long time, the app is uninstalling and re-installing every python package at random times, including after pushing code changes in Github.

2 Likes

If you change the code, the cache is deleted and all the cached functions run again.

i think its a deeper issue, according to the logs, when you make a code change, the entire app is rebuilt. See below, after it grabs the latest from git (just the app script, no changes made to requirements), it then starts pip operations again, collects the packages, uninstalls the existing ones, and installs the same packages again.

3 Likes

Hello,
The same happens to me, suddenly my app starts to go slow. On localhost, I don’t have a problem, but when I upload on the web, takes a lot of time installing the dependencies and once started go very slow, that happens in most of the parts of my app.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue: at some point in the last few days, the runtime of my deployed app has increased significantly.

I just compared the runtime of my local version with that of the deployed app, and found that the deployed app takes about 20 times as long to run, making it considerably less appealing to users than it was previously.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

3 Likes

I agree! The runtime is now significantly higher than before even if there is no git push (it takes at least 3-4 mins to run after a git push). This was not the case last week.

1 Like

looks like something is happening, a new version popped up and the cloud is doing a force downgrade

3 Likes

I’ve downgraded Streamlit to 1.31. The issue seems to have resolved.

2 Likes

We have an issue with the 1.32.0 version which causes our CPU utilization to max out :frowning: The 1.32.1 patch will likely fix that, but it needs a bit further evaluation.

3 Likes

Hello. Same here with 1.27.0 version. Very slow app. Solved changing to 1.31.0

The 1.32.2 patch is released which fixes the issue.

3 Likes