St.form and st.text_input values not getting captured

Hi everyone,

Been trying to solve this for a few hours now and seems to be getting nowhere. Hope somebody can point to me what am I doing wrong.

Basically, I am making a query to a mysql database to get some info. After getting the results, I will parse those and assign them to values (eg. name, age, sex).

I create another form using st.form and have several text_inputs where the initial value will be name, age, sex. This shows correctly. I then want the user to be able to edit the text_input and click a submit button named β€œUpdate” which will capture the values and use them for the UPDATE statement to mysql. However, it does not capture the values in the form and just returns blank.

From what I understand, for example name_form = st.text_input(β€œName”,value=name) even if name was initial value when form spawns, when edited it should be assigned to the name_form. Or if not edited or changed, it will still be initial value assigned to name_form. Is this correct?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.