hide_st_style = """
<!-- CSS code -->
<style>
MainMenu {visibility:hidden;}
footer {visibility:hidden;}
header {visibility:hidden;}
</style>
"""
st.markdown(hide_st_style, unsafe_allow_html=True)

st.write("This is at the top")

If applicable, please provide the steps we should take to reproduce the error or specified behavior.

Expected behavior:: It should show the same UI with or without st.markdown
I made sure to not use two spaces in st.markdown to avoid next line

Actual behavior:
If we comment the st.markdown, the write element show the message at the top, but after using st.markdown, the UI enters a new line(empty) and the message from st.write goes in the next line hence increasing the margin from top.

Debug info

• Streamlit version: 1.24.0
  • Python version: 3.8.17
  • Using Conda

Is this behavior normal in streamlit?
I have a number of st.markdowns in the app I am trying to develop. When the st.header comes, it is displayed in the middle of the page due to st.markdown

Hi @shailesh_sharma,

Thanks for posting!

You should move the st.write line above the markdown element as such;

import streamlit as st

st.write("This is at the top")

hide_st_style = """
<!-- CSS code -->
<style>
MainMenu {visibility:hidden;}
footer {visibility:hidden;}
header {visibility:hidden;}
</style>
"""
st.markdown(hide_st_style, unsafe_allow_html=True)

#st.write("This is at the top")

This should move the text to the top just as it would if you commented out the styling and markdown line.

1 Like

I have my app logic after I hide the streamlit menu. Not just this but in case where I have to apply styling on my text in the app, I have to use st.markdown before st.write.
Context: I am developing a chatbot which will have a conversation reload after every new question, in this case I am applying styling using st.markdown which shifts my chat space(the very first question) in the middle of the screen.

Can you share a screen recording of the app and how it behaves so I can better help you? Also, if you don’t mind me asking, why do you need to hide the menu in your app?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.