Streamlit app deployed in streamlit cloud is still fetching the data from firestore even when the app has been closed

Summary

I have deployed a streamlit app in streamlit cloud which fetches data from firestore every 5 seconds inside a while loop. So roughly it fetches 720 reads in 1 hour. even after I have closed the webpage from my browser the app is still fetching data. After 2 hours of closing when I check the firestore quota its getting around 700 fetches every hour. Does the app run even when its closed?

Steps to reproduce

Code snippet:

add code here

If applicable, please provide the steps we should take to reproduce the error or specified behavior.

Expected behavior:

Explain what you expect to happen when you run the code above.

Actual behavior:

Explain the undesired behavior or error you see when you run the code above.
If you’re seeing an error message, share the full contents of the error message here.

Debug info

• Streamlit version: (get it with $ streamlit version)
  • Python version: (get it with $ python --version)
  • Using Conda? PipEnv? PyEnv? Pex?
  • OS version:
  • Browser version:

Requirements file

Using Conda? PipEnv? PyEnv? Pex? Share the contents of your requirements file here.
Not sure what a requirements file is? Check out this doc and add a requirements file to your app.

Links

• Link to your GitHub repo:
  • Link to your deployed app:

Additional information

If needed, add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @SSN, the app won’t run on its own if no one has it open

Thanks Caroline for the resposne. But I am not sure though then why my firestore database was getting fetched even after I closed the browser.
As a work around I have changed my code to a finite loop which has to be clicked again to start the loop.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.