Streamlit as a PowerPoint replacement!

Hi all!
I recently did a talk at Pycon Chile about streamlit. The whole presentation was a streamlit app with slide pagination, lots of examples and code.
I worked pretty well during the talk and got very nice feedback, so I though on sharing in case someone might use it or suggest ways to improve it!

Thanks to @napoles3d for advice and help, and to @datachaz for twitter love.

Best, @sebastiandres!

9 Likes

My pleasure Sebastian, it was really fun to participate in this.
Great presentation!!

2 Likes

That’s a cool idea using it as a slideshow.

3 Likes

That’s cool!

2 Likes

Such a brilliant use of Streamlit, well done Sebastian! :clap:

Btw @Jessica_Smith’s featured your app in our latest weekly round-up! :balloon:

2 Likes

Thank you!
Yes, I saw it being featured, I’m still surprised it has gotten such good feedback from people.

I really love creating apps with streamlit. Wish I had more time to play around. After my first app, i was like “I KNEW there could be an easy way to do this” (same feeling with numpy and pandas).

1 Like

Interesting idea. It would be nice if the static pages could be cached in some way.

2 Likes

I like the use of sessions, I saw your code base on github and it quite simple to understand. I’ve been trying to look for a way to make use of pagination in streamlit, thanks for sharing your work. It’s really helpful. :grinning: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! Your comment makes me really happy. :smiley:
Let me know if you have questions, I’d be more than happy to help.

I ended up wrapping the pagination and some other ideas into a library so you can only concentrate on the content, and display any folder with markdown or python files.
It’s still a work in progress (but already working) and you can take a look here: https://streamlit-book.readthedocs.io/

2 Likes

The next app I create will make use of the pagination and I will share it with you when it’s done.
Thanks again, I appreciate it! :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.