Streamlit cloud face issue in pathlib installing

Hi
I have this issue and I dont know how solve it.

Collecting pathlib
  Downloading pathlib-1.0.1.tar.gz (49 kB)
     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 49.3/49.3 KB 129.9 MB/s eta 0:00:00[2022-04-20 16:35:44.796573] 
  Preparing metadata (setup.py): started
  Preparing metadata (setup.py): finished with status 'error'
  error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× python setup.py egg_info did not run successfully.
  │ exit code: 1
  ╰─> [20 lines of output]
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "<string>", line 36, in <module>
        File "<pip-setuptools-caller>", line 34, in <module>
        File "/tmp/pip-install-klccvim6/pathlib_c1a595f1e62740ceaabb718b451eafa2/setup.py", line 30, in <module>
          url='https://pathlib.readthedocs.org/',
        File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/core.py", line 109, in setup
          _setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
        File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 460, in __init__
          for ep in metadata.entry_points(group='distutils.setup_keywords'):
        File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/setuptools/_vendor/importlib_metadata/__init__.py", line 999, in entry_points
          return SelectableGroups.load(eps).select(**params)
        File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/setuptools/_vendor/importlib_metadata/__init__.py", line 449, in load
          ordered = sorted(eps, key=by_group)
        File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/setuptools/_vendor/importlib_metadata/__init__.py", line 997, in <genexpr>
          dist.entry_points for dist in unique(distributions())
        File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/setuptools/_vendor/importlib_metadata/__init__.py", line 609, in entry_points
          return EntryPoints._from_text_for(self.read_text('entry_points.txt'), self)
        File "/home/appuser/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/setuptools/_vendor/importlib_metadata/__init__.py", line 917, in read_text
          return self._path.joinpath(filename).read_text(encoding='utf-8')
      AttributeError: 'PosixPath' object has no attribute 'read_text'
      [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: metadata-generation-failed

× Encountered error while generating package metadata.
╰─> See above for output.

note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip.
hint: See above for details.
1 Like

Please give us a link to your github repo.

Hi Franky1:

Sorry for delaying, my link is https://github.com/mcastiblanco1251/Scrape

Regards,

MC

See my pull request on github.

• streamlit app should install on streamlit cloud now
  • streamlit app should at least run on streamlit cloud
  • however some of the functionality of the app may still not work, since i don’t fully understand the intention and usage of the app, you will have to fix this yourself
  • the app code is a bit messy, i would recommend to cleanup and better structure the code

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.