Streamlit Deployment Guide (wiki)

Given the ever expanding number of cloud platforms and technologies that can be used for deploying Streamlit, having a set of up-to-date instructions as part of the standard Streamlit documentation isn’t feasible. Thankfully, so many of you have been willing to share your projects, write tutorials, and answer other people’s issues with deploying Streamlit!

This wiki has been created as a “Best Of…” set of answers for deploying Streamlit. Community members should feel free to add references as they are created, and remove links that are no longer valid.

If you have a question, please use this wiki as a reference, but ask your questions as separate threads in our Deploying Streamlit category.

How can I contribute ?

Contributing to this wiki is easy and open to anyone (at least if you have hung around on the forum enough to get to Trust Level 1) . It’s a click away from the Edit button on the bottom left of the post !

• Please list technologies/platforms in alphabetical order
  • Multiple links per technology is fine, but after 4-5 links, consider which are the best examples
  • There’s a fine line between helping the community and marketing. Please don’t add your own article just published a few hours prior. When in doubt, leave the reference as a comment on this post and someone else from the community can add it if they feel it represents as “best of” answer
  • Please minimize auto-expanding links, to keep the guide compact
  • If there is a platform you are interested in, add it! This guide will only be as good as those who participate :slight_smile:

Streamlit Deployment Guide

Note: As a community-led effort, no guarantee can be made by Streamlit to ensure these references are factually accurate, nor is inclusion in this list an endorsement by Streamlit. All questions and comments should be addressed to the author of the respective piece of content.

Cloud/Platforms

Aliyun / Alibaba

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Azure (Microsoft)

CapRover

Google Cloud Platform (GCP)

DeepNote

Digital Ocean

Google Colab

Heroku

JupyterHub

Kubernetes

Windows Server IIS

Ploomber Cloud

Standalone Executable

Windows , MacOS , Linux

Android or IOS

Webservers

Apache

Nginx

Traefik

22 Likes

I would appreciate knowing whether streamlit run app.py command is running the app on a single-threaded development server or not? My goal is to deploy it in production. So it must be multithreaded.
Thank you in advance for any hints!

3 Likes

Andrei, when you get your answer, please share with us the steps you use for deployment to production. Streamlit needs easy-to-follow tutorials for deployment (other than streamlit share.)

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Invitation to Streamlit sharing

Hey all,

I think this might be good to link here. @kurt-rhee was kind enough to post a basic docker file for deploying streamlit apps on EC2. Hopefully, this will help others who need an example to work with!

Happy Streamlit-ing!
Marisa

A post was split to a new topic: Routing user to correct container when deploying on AWS Fargate

I setup two 1-click* Heroku templates while setting up for a weekend project needing a database. Thought they might fit here! No worries if there’s enough Heroku coverage already.

*(1-click if you have github and heroku accounts already)

1 Like

No problem at all, feel free to add it to the wiki!

Am looking for how to better deploy streamlit on digital ocean…when i deployed last time, all my html markdown collapsed

Can I deploy Streamlit with Bitbucket instead of Github?

@JL-V Certainly. While Community Cloud doesn’t support Hitbucket, there’s nothing stopping you from building your own deployment solution that clones your repo from Bitbucket.

Is there any recent knowledge on deploying to Azure? I am hoping to use streamlit for an internal facing app that will be on an Azure platform. Could someone advise what the process is and whether it can integrate with the Windows AD security, as we will be passing sensitive data through the app

1 Like

Hi. can you please add a guide on how to deploy Streamlit on a personal root access VPS/Ubuntu or Debian.
That’d be great if you also create a guide on how to deploy Streamlit on cPanel hosting enviroment.

Hello guys! Is it possible to deploy streamlit apps on Netlify? If yes please shed some light…

Hey I saw this post for Microsoft Azure :slight_smile: https://towardsdatascience.com/beginner-guide-to-streamlit-deployment-on-azure-f6618eee1ba9

Made a guide to myself how to Deploy/Host a Streamlit app in a Linode Server using Nginx with SSL
https://github.com/Thiagojm/str_deploy

or acess it on a streamlit app:
https://str-deploy-linode.streamlit.app/

1 Like

Is there Streamlit support in Terraform?

Ploomber cloud also recently added Streamlit integration, so you can deploy for free more than a single private app, check it out here

1 Like

Hey, I saw CICD approach to deploy Streamlit apps on AWS GitHub - aws-samples/aws-streamlit-deploy-cicd