Streamlit doesn't work for windows?

I just installed Streamlit. I wrote a hello world program. But no new tab opened in my browser, so I couldn’t see the result of my program.
and ‘streamlit’ is not recognized as internal command
or external, an executable program or a batch file.

Are you running this in a python or conda environment or on WSL?

1 Like

in conda with windows os

install python 3.7.5 and remember to add it to environment viriables

Hey @Cellule_Boukham,

Thanks for reaching out and really sorry you’re having issues! Streamlit is definitely supported on Windows :smiley:. Check out this other thread here for a step-by-step tutorial on installing it. I’m going to close out this topic so we can keep the conversation going in one central location.

Also, many on this forum have mentioned that running on python 3.7.5 seems to be a workaround for the issue. Here is a GitHub link covering that discussion in more detail.

Hi @tc1could I use use Streamlit code such as st.write(),st.bokeh_chart§ directly in the spyder?

This is my first time use Stream, and I want to debug my code in my scripts directly rather use streamlim run.

import streamlit as st
from bokeh.plotting import figure
x = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
y = [6, 7, 2, 4, 5]
p = figure(

title=‘simple line example’,

x_axis_label=‘x’,

y_axis_label=‘y’)
p.line(x, y, legend=‘Trend’, line_width=2)
st.bokeh_chart§

However, when I use st.bokeh_chart§ , it doesn’t show me the figure, just show me
Out[16]: <streamlit.DeltaGenerator.DeltaGenerator at 0x2c66e2ec588>

could you figure it out?

Hi @shuchao.lv,

Unfortunately, streamlit apps really do need to be kicked off from streamlit run in order for you to see their effects.

That DeltaGenerator object you’re seeing is the intermediate step before the streamlit engine “notices” a new element and has it picked up by the frontend. None of that machinery will be in place if you’re not running the streamlit engine directly.

You can use tools like PyCharm and VScode (here’s a discussion thread about it) to set breakpoints in your code to dump variables and break out into a debugger while the script is running.

What will be going on while using the debugger is that you will still be running streamlit run yourscript.py and the output will still be shown in the browser.

Thanks for your instructive information,this method works:)

1 Like

will streamlit not work with python 3.9?