Streamlit python AxiosError on PCAP file upload

I am kind of new to streamlit python and I have been trying to build an app to parse a PCAP file from wireshark and display fields in streamlit appropriately.

How ever I am kind of really stuck at the 1st place in uploading the file, even though it looks fairly simple. I am able to upload a text file and a few excel files successfully however I hit AxiosError each time I upload a PCAP file. Below is the code snippet and error screenshot.

uploaded_files = st.file_uploader(“Choose a PCAP file to create entry in registry”, accept_multiple_files=True)

My python version is 3.10.7 and Streamlit version is 1.29.0. Please note I have not yet deployed my code and I am running it locally. I have tried on different streamlit versions like 1.30, 1.31 and 1.32 but the same error.

I have also tried running the script using command “streamlit run ‘…venv\UE Cap\Create.py’ --server.enableXsrfProtection False --server.enableCORS False” but to no avail.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi people, any pointers on this topic?
I have a target to complete this small tool by end of this week, if this does not work I will have to drop idea of using streamlit.

I have tried config.toml and new streamlit version 1.31 as well but no use.

So it works with some files and doesn’t work work other files. That suggests the issue is related to the file itself. I don’t think much more can be said without having the file.

Thanks for your reply!
Issue seems to be peculiar I see some text files getting uploaded and some text files having same network error. Same issue happens for PDF and excel files. I have not been able to upload a wireshark capture at all. I have a sample file which can be shared in the format “.pcang”, unfortunately I am not allowed to upload here. How can I send it across to you?

Which immediately brings a question to my mind: what makes the difference?

Is there something that the files that work have in common but is different in the files that don’t work?

Any file hosting / file sharing service should do.